Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sex Trafficking in Canada:Olympics 2010

I came across this article by the Western Catholic Reporter.
Its basically how they fear that because of the influx of people for the Olympics there will be a huge lure for women to work in brothels and massage parlors.

Its a pretty neat article. Makes one kind of wonder if there was a boom in sex trafficking in the US when the Olympics were here...and in China etc

You can read the article here.

Speaking of sex trafficking, I will tell of my little experience. I posted a sort of ad on Craigslist in the job wanted section. I got several bogus replies. I did get one that gave me some information so I continued to communicate with them. I blatantly told the person I would not strip, web cam or anything creepy like that. They said no, I would be a masseuse and they would train. Im thinking, kinda iffy but what they hey, I'll give it a shot. I gave my phone number, missed the first call and called the person back.
Turned out to be a nude massage parlor (which I am sure is ILLEGAL) where the masseuse and client is naked. All male clients of course. Not only was I disgusted I am thinking of reporting this to the police because I am pretty sure what they are doing is illegal and they are preying on other women who may be hard pressed for cash.
I asked do you do the whole happy ending thing? He said, our clients leave happy....asked if I would mind taking showers witht the clients. Wow...but I think I got enough information to turn it into the hand of the police??

But I just think its disgusting how people prey on women especially because of this economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment